In accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Emmbrook Residents Association has adopted the following data protection policy.
If you have any queries relating to this policy, please email the Data Protection Officer, Andy Goffin.
Data Protection Policy and Practice
Agreed by the Emmbrook Residents Association Committee on 14th May 2018. Last reviewed and approved by the committee on 7 Mar 2022. Reviews will be completed annually.
The Emmbrook Residents Association (ERA) is a voluntary organisation financed by subscribing members.
The only reason the ERA collects personal data (as defined in UK Data Protection Law) is to enable it to achieve its aims, as detailed in our Constitution.
Statement to members and prospective members
The only data we hold about you while you are a member is:
- Your name, address and, if provided, your email address and telephone number
- Your subscription record
We use your contact data to send you information about:
- Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings (as per our Constitution)
- Events organised by the ERA
- Events organised by other organisations in or concerned with the town of Wokingham and Emmbrook and surrounding locations which in the opinion of the committee will be of interest to members
- Volunteering opportunities for helping the ERA or the committee
- For those on email, copies of any of the above, together with occasional information posts and alerts on important local issues
- Collection of membership subscriptions.
If you cease to be a member we will delete your information after 12 months.
Other personal data
We do not systematically hold personal data about others. Any non-member’s personal data will be held by the relevant Officer only for so long as it is needed to administer the ERA.
Data is held on systems in compliance with UK data protection laws.
Data Protection Officer
The ERA’s Committee elects an individual to act as Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO is responsible for advising the Committee on changes in legislation which might affect this policy and for monitoring the ERA’s adherence to the policy. Mr Andy Goffin is the DPO.
Any member who wishes to know what information we hold on him or her should contact Andy.